duties & responsibilities:
- Implement back-end code when needed, including Apache, PHP, SQL, XML / JSON – or your preferred alternatives.
- Ongoing upkeep of client websites within CMS.
- Responsible for all aspects of website QA and launch, including sysadmin duties with DNS setup and ensuring SSLs are properly installed. Install Google Analytics and/or Google Tag Manager properly prior to any launch and create pertinent views in line with client goals and needs.
- Notify internal and external teams if a client website goes down and troubleshoot the problem until it’s back up.
- Track ongoing Google Analytics data for client websites and create monthly reports. Serve as point person for all analytics, including: regular traffic reporting, trend analysis, traffic projections, competitive site, best in class and site visitor segmentation analysis.
- Assists in the development and implementation of content on websites. May be involved with integrating work of writers and designers to produce a final layout compatible with web best practices.
- Develop responsive mobile design, utilize social media platforms, support advanced online marketing activities, and integrate with clients’ internal systems.
- Build integrations as needed with 3rd party scripts and APIs.
- Implement systems and vendor products such as marketing automation software, HubSpot, Salesforce.com, Pardot and demand generation tools for optimizing lead generation, tracking and automated nurturing programs.
- Bridge the gap between design and technology, pairing with creative and clients’ IT to build enhanced user experiences.
- Develop and manage site standards for SEO best practices.
- Conduct keyword research on a wide range of content topics, specific to SEO but also help support SEM efforts with any cross-functional research.
- Identify duplicate content, broken links, and other potential SEO issues.
- Ensure that we are proactively preparing for the evolution of SEO and its intersection with (and impact from) mobile and social media platforms.
- Define both tactical and strategic initiatives that drive qualified organic search traffic.
- Develop and implement necessary Google Analytics and AdWords event tracking to support SEM strategies and proper reporting of KPI’s.
- Develop and implements training programs, seminars, and tip sheets for clients.
- Interfacing with client stakeholders and team members utilizing highly developed communications skills (verbal, written and explanation) are mandatory.
- Provide technical leadership for development of innovative solutions for client websites.
- Provide subject matter expertise to internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide oversight of outsourced development efforts.
qualifications and skills needed:
- Minimum formal education, experience and training:
- Professional degree preferred
Minimum two years of experience
Agency experience preferred
- Special Skills:
- Beginner to intermediate skills with back-end tech, using Apache, PHP, SQL, XML / JSON – or your preferred alternative.
- Mastery of Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Google Webmaster Tools.
- Familiarity with UI and UX.
- Extensive working knowledge of graphics principles and software, web browsers and general web layout and design standards.
- Experience maintaining web properties on dynamic database-driven websites.
- Experience with SQL, PHP, database and XML integration, and website administration/ sysadmin responsibilities preferred.
- Experience with Adobe design software including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator preferred.
- Experience with CMS systems, including Wordpress, Drupal and Squarespace.
- Experience with analytics tracking and producing reports that highlight key initiatives.
- Ability to research and keep abreast of emerging technologies is a must in order to deliver the most up-to-date solutions, such as learning new programming languages or technologies.
- This individual must be self-motivated with strong organizational and communication skills.
REPORTS TO: Digital Marketing Manager
SALARY: Compensation commensurate with experience
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.